0.7gal nanos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenkatydid

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here's just a quick look at two of my nanos - the 0.7gal cubes (14cm on all sides). They are a tweezer-plant only ;) I "dose" with whatever the small snail in each tank produces, plus any residual powder that's left on my fingers from dry dosing the bigger tanks - but mostly they're pretty natural. They have only been set up for about a month, and I'm not sure if they are sustainable long term... but the plants sure grow and pearl like crazy for now!

img_773295_0_986e275e3d90eaa0195b487aa5a6dd8e.jpg

img_773295_1_d6741ae9fc1aa797e0c03ed874dc8be0.jpg

Cool. Did you built them yourself? I suppose building something as small as that I could even handle.

Is there a place I can buy a cube that is pre-built like that or should I go buy glass and just use silicon to put it together?

i didn't build them, these things are sold in pet shops everywhere here. they come in different sizes from this size up to about half a metre square - they're very nice. they come with lids but i prefer the open look on these.

i just have a halogen desk lamp over them that is marked as 50w, but there's a lot fo spillage because they're quite high, and wattage lost in heat.

thanks guys :)

if anyone has any suggestions about how i could scape them, i'm all ears. i am considering getting glosso or some other ground cover, but i would definitely have to up the fert regime for it to prosper, so not sure.

Back
Top Bottom