0ppm 0ppm 0ppm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jakeandwendy

Aquarium Advice Activist
i'm cycling with fish everything moving along fine. amm spiked, nitrites showed up, amm disappeared, nitrites below .5ppm for three days, no nitrates. today 0ppm 0ppm and 0ppm...? what happened? ph has been steady temp steady, fish seem healthy and happy. any thoughts?

what size tank and what types and how many fish? It may be that your cycle did in fact finish, and you've just got such a small bioload that the nitrates just aren't detectable yet.

i'm actually doing my sisters tank along with mine. its a 10 gal long with two 2 inch cichlids from wal-store and a 1.5 inch kribensis cichlid from the lfs. its been cycling about 5 and a half weeks. liquid api fw masterkit tests

You are planning on moving the cichlids soon right? That tank is too small for cichlids.

As for your cycle, either your cycle is complete and you will be seeing nitrates soon, or something caused your cycle to stall and will restart. How often have you been doing water changes?

if your readings are 0ppm of ammonia and nitrites, stop the daily water changes and move to a weekly

Then you will see the nitrates to show

Back
Top Bottom