1.5 Gallon??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
Long story short I came into this 1.5 gallon tank with internal filter. I was wondering, is their any fish that I could put in there besides a beta? and if not, then if I were to move my beta from a 5 gal to the 1.5 gal then what could I put in my 5 gal? My 5 gal currently houses 1 beta and 3 rummy nose tetras. No heater in any of my tanks, so heater is of no concern, as its always hot in this house. (we live in hawaii). In fact, my 5 gal is at 80 to 86 degrees F.

So, any suggestions?

To be fair I wouldn't put a betta in a tank that small, it's better off in the 5g. I think 1.5 is too small for any fish but you could pop a few shrimps in, they're quite cool imo :D

1.5 is too small for a betta,snails and shrimp are all you could do imo

1.5 is definitely not a very suitable for anything other than the already mentioned inverts. I have had half a dozen shrimp in a 1.5 and they were as much fun to watch as a fish IMO.

Long story short I came into this 1.5 gallon tank with internal filter. I was wondering, is their any fish that I could put in there besides a beta? and if not, then if I were to move my beta from a 5 gal to the 1.5 gal then what could I put in my 5 gal? My 5 gal currently houses 1 beta and 3 rummy nose tetras. No heater in any of my tanks, so heater is of no concern, as its always hot in this house. (we live in hawaii). In fact, my 5 gal is at 80 to 86 degrees F.

So, any suggestions?
Not much at all that could go in a 1.5 gallon. Plus it's harder to keep your water parameters stable in smaller tanks like that. I would say that would be a no go on the betta, they need at least 5 gallons of water to live in.

Ok, I will see if I can find some shrimp. Sounds like a nice idea! thanks guys!

Not much you can do in there. But I think there are some really cool inverts you can do like nerite snails and ghost shrimp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom