1 gallon bowl stocking help??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen them at Ikea too!

My only warning with something like that or any open topped container is be very, very careful if you plan to keep nerite snails :whistle:

funny you should say that... i had the absolute worst scare today with one of my nerites! the hood on my 10g is broken, so i usually set it on my bed while i feed. to make a long story short, he fell off onto my bed and was there for an entire day! thank goodness for tough little snails, because he's totally fine! :)

Put RCS in it!!!

:) that's probably my favorite option that i've gotten so far. i think it'd look awesome with RCS and a moss ball, and some other easy to care for plants! all i'd need was sunlight and warmth, and i'd do frequent water changes to make the setup pretty simple!

funny you should say that... i had the absolute worst scare today with one of my nerites! the hood on my 10g is broken, so i usually set it on my bed while i feed. to make a long story short, he fell off onto my bed and was there for an entire day! thank goodness for tough little snails, because he's totally fine! :)

Some of them are crazy! I had one in my Evolve 4 on the kitchen counter, little bugger kept escaping thru the feeding hole in the lid. Last time that happened was when I found him inches from the hot stove!

Ah, the joys of keeping tidal snails. We used to have one and one day I heard "Daddy where's Bob?" Yeah I don't miss them at all lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last night the youngest daughter couldn't find her drinking glass. I suggested she look harder otherwise it would probably end up filled with plants and a shrimp :whistle:

You guys keep giving me ideas! Now I want to find a bowl and put a little shrimp in it. Luckily I'll probably just leave it room temp (which is like 70 degrees lol) and do daily water changes so maybe my mom will be ok with it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Ok, everyone with the mom comments: how old are you?!? And pass this along from me: you could be doing a lot worse things than setting up shrimp bowls :whistle:

Ok, everyone with the mom comments: how old are you?!? And pass this along from me: you could be doing a lot worse things than setting up shrimp bowls :whistle:

hahah! i'm 14, yet my mother doesn't like the idea of me having a ton of tanks... i'm like, "but mom, look! right here, it's a perfect spot!" i only have a 10g and two 5g's (hopefully soon a shrimp bowl!), but she doesn't really approve of tanks all over the house apparently... lol! ;)

You could get one enormous tank and divide it into smaller ones. Then you could say, "But I only have ONE aquarium!"

these comments make me laugh :) my mom is super annoyed with how many tanks i have as it is! i only have a ten gallon and two five gallons, but i want to turn my one gallon bowl into a shrimp bowl! we'll see how it goes, haha! thanks for the ideas everyone!
How can anyone have too many fish tanks???

Back
Top Bottom