10 Gal AllGlass to Rimless?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
I replaced my 10 Gallon Standard All Glass Aquarium with a new tank but I planned on using the 10 gal just for a planted tank with no fish (unless there's an emergency) however the silicone needs to be replaced. While taking off the silicone though the top plastic trim was lose and bottom piece just fell off however the top plastic was very brittle and cracked when I pulled it off.

My question is can I safely make it into a fully rimless tank? I know it wasn't designed for it but at 10 gallons there's probably not much pressure and Ill be sure to place it on a rubber map to account for the poor fitting of the glass.

I’ve heard of folks successfully de-rimming 10g tanks with no issue. Have not tried it myself, though.

I have 2 10 gallon tanks bought from Petco that I removed the top rim. Decided to leave the bottoms. Been using them for at least 4 months now with no issues. I also derimmed my 20 gallon long. I can notice a quarter inch bow when it's full but again it's been that way for months and it's doing fine. Anything above a 20 gallon and I wouldn't do it. Also wouldn't do it on a 20 gallon tall.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom