10 gal fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmpgop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi! I plan for a school of glo danios for my 10 gal tank. What single 2-3 inch fish max Would YOU add with that? I'm thinking dwarf gourami but what else?

jmpgop said:
Hi! I plan for a school of glo danios for my 10 gal tank. What single 2-3 inch fish max Would YOU add with that? I'm thinking dwarf gourami but what else?

I wouldn't do a school of the glo-danios IMO some may beg to differ. Dwarf gourami is good maybe with a snail or something small. I would think your stocked.

Danios in a ten gallon is not the best idea if you want them to be happy and healthy, sorry. Yes, they are not an aggressive fish but they are incredibly active. They need a school of six or more, and room to stretch their fins, so a 20 long would be about the smallest tank for them. If you put them into a cramped situation they can become nippy and irritating to other inhabitants. If you want a schooler in a ten gallon look into nano fish...
http://www.franksaquarium.com/nanofish.htm

Back
Top Bottom