10 gal tank with sump ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am thinking about turning my 10 gal freshwater into a 10 gal s/w tank. So I thought I could use a sump to help stable the tank and keep it in good condition. How do I create one. I have 2 spare tanks that are 4 gal each.

IMO, this is all too small for SW. Some people have success, but I say go buy a 29g at least and use the 10g as a QT or sump

you can totally do a 10 gallon,people will say its hard but if you know what your doing and get the right livestock it's actually sometimes easier than freshwater. But i think its kinda pointless doing a sump for a 10 gallon. 4 gallons more water won't do much.

I was thinking of doing a sump type thing for my 10g. Sump tank would be 10g also. I could draw up my plans for you if you were interested. I figure the more water the better no matter how little.

Thank you for your consideration, but I have decided against salt water.
"insufficient funds" lol. 8)
However I would still be interested in viewing them incase I decided to do one in the future, you could twist my arm lol :lol:

I've got a 10 in my office and it is really not that hard to keep up. I have a jug for top off and buy a box of water for water changes each week. I know I could make my own but this is sooo much easier and less messy. There is a magnum canister/biowheel on the back. Nothing too fancy.... couple damsels few crabs/snails. Enough to make me happy here! If you've got the hardware I'd go for it.

Back
Top Bottom