10 gallon aqua scaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would help all of us a great deal if you could tell us what kind of light you have on your tank. It doesn't take much light to grow the plants Autumn was suggesting but it will help to know.

Have you considered adding some non calcium based rocks or even driftwood? Plants like moss, fern and anubias tend to do very well when tied to rock or stone with thread. I have a 5.5 gallon tank with all these plants so I could upload a picture for you once I get to my PC. :)

What do wanna change? It's nicely over grown. You could trim everything back. Add another branching piece of driftwood and maybe another 1 or 2 river rocks on the left. Open the tank up a little.

The black sand looks awesome btw...

Hi Friend,

Changing the substrate is a great idea! Recently I bought Eco-Complete and It looks nice in the tank.

Here is my new tank 72 Gallon, I just set up and am still in the middle of aquascaping and moving my stock over too. My water is low due to my snail which laid eggs, should be hatching in the next week.

[/IMG]

This is my 6.6 gallon Edge tank and it has Petco Black sand, it looks almost the same but Eco Complete has everything plants need to grow, you will need to fertilize also.

[/IMG]

This one is Construction sand. I don't like it because it always looks dirty. This pic was at the very beginning almost a year ago when I put it up.

[/IMG]

What kind of shrimp japonica

What kind of shrimp japonica

Japonica Amano Shrimp - they like algae and also meaty treats, get 2.5-maybe 3 inches long. They are large and flutter around the tank like stars in a shrimp ballet. Then sometimes they play tug- o-war with a sinking wafer! Very funny to watch!

also known as Yamato or Caridina multidentata

The middle picture has anyone bought from there?(azgardens.com) far right is my filter

A little late to the party, I apologize.

I haven't personally bought anything from them but I have heard that they are awful. Again, that is all hearsay.

If I were you, first thing I would do is change the substrate. I'm always partial to more natural stuff like a darker sand, or Flourite (one of these days I will try out the fabled AquaSoil :)). But if you enjoy the colored gravel, I'm sure you can make it work!

Some DW with Anubias or Java Fern would really add some nice starting point. I personally like Anubias more for its darker green leaves but Java Fern is nice.

Back
Top Bottom