10 Gallon aquarium help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snype2live

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I have just gotten a 10 gallon aquarium from somebody, who was going to throw it away. I brought it home, and put a extra Aquaclear50 I had on it (because I like to collect aquarium stuff), an extra tetra 5-15 heater, and some spare sand. Well I didn't have a back ground so I made one out of painters tape. It looks decent I think. I took the old bad incandescent bulbs out of it, and put in 2 new general electric 13 watt bulbs in the 6500k color spectrum. Well I plan on doing a fish-less cycle. The evaporation is about 1-4 inch every 5 days. Is that bad? Also I absolutely love the Zebra rocks at my local fish store. Anyone had any experience with these in a aquarium? Also should I wait till i can pick up the hardscape before I start my cycling? Last question what should I do with this tank with it's current configuration as I don't want to change it really, I am going to add more sand and a rock hardscape, will be willing to buy plants and SOME flourish excel or something.

Not sure on the rocks but I"ve seen them in tanks. There are a few types of zebra rock though. I'd test it with white vinegar if you get some; if it fizzes, don't use it. Also soak them in a bucket and test PH over the course of a few days and see if the rock affects PH at all.

You can add decor any time during cycling, so no worries there.

Back
Top Bottom