10 Gallon Coldwater with 5 White Clouds:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.Albiman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
does anyone with experience in coldwater tanks know of any other fish, preferably bottom feeders that i can have in a 10 gallon coldwater tank with 5 wcmm's?

i'm also thinking of adding 5 cherry shrimp:) they're so cute.

the water is 19 - 21 degrees Celcius:)

thanks in advance for the help:)

ps. i'm a newbie:)

:invasion:

If you've got good water flow, look at a Chinese hillstream loach, also known as a butterfly pleco, Hong Kong pleco, etc.

the filter is a stingray elite 15 so is pretty strong for a 10 gal. do they NEED a strong flow or will mine be enough? thanks :)

They need highly oxygenated water. I've never tried a coldwater tank so I don't know a whole lot about hillstreams. They definitely look cool.

do you think i could add 3 rosy red minnows in with 5 wcmm's? i obviously wouldn't get any other fish. just the 8 minnows? :) thanks.

I've kept cold(er) water tanks for Axolotls (14° C - 19° C). I've never kept any fancy stuff in there as the Axolotls might (will) eat them. But I've tried 6 or 7 different fish (guppies, hatchetfish, tetras, Ghost Shrimp, etc.) and it's been my experience that as long as the temperature change is nice and slow they seem to adapt pretty well.
If you take right them from the bag and plunk em' in or float them and change the temp in 30 minutes...... not so much.

Cherry Shrimp I keep warmer.... but they seem very adaptable.

Just my 15.7 cents (adjusted for inflation).

Back
Top Bottom