10 Gallon Fishless Cycle NEED HELP!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kjohnson63

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I have my tank set up with the water circulating through it for about 2 weeks now. I have added start right to the water and I am going to be buying an API Freshwater Master Test Kit, and my local fish store is going to let me buy a used Bio Wheel filter media from then in which I think I am going to run behind or in front the new filter media since I have the 200B filter on my tank which allows for two filter medias to be ran at the same time. I also am going to buy some ammonia from my local hardware store but every forum I read says to find pure ammonia but I can't find pure ammonia anywhere and I am going to buy 10% ammonia.

If anyone could take me step through step on how to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

ive heard the amonia you get at walmart is good to use. the test is that it make no bubbles when you shake it.

So if I shake the bottle of ammonia and it makes bubbles its not going to work for cycling the tank?

Ok thanks Gus and what happens after I get the pure ammonia what steps do I tank after I get it?

If the ammonia you're referring to is 10% ammonium hydroxide, you're good. I've used ammonia with surfactants from Walmart with success too. Shake the bottle. If the ammonia doesn't foam, you're good to go. Search "fishless cycle" here on AA to get detailed instructions.

Back
Top Bottom