10 gallon for my brother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sstanle4

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok. I just set my brother you a 10 gallon tank and he wants a small snowflake eel and a his wife wants a chocolate chip starfish. Would this be ok if they both were small? I know the eel with grow to big for the tank but the LFS told me he could bring it back and swap when it got to big for his tank.

10 gallons not a good idea what will they do when they grow if they survive ? Maybe the starfish foe a while but I could not do that to the eal ....

Noooo, a snowflake eel needs 50 gallons, not 10 :( get him a clown and a goby and some shrimp, that is much better for a 10 gallon

A snowflake eel is a beautiful fish that is for sure however they are escape artists and in a 10 gallon tank there are several ways they can get out including the filter. If he wants something really neat that can live in a 10 gallon how about a pistol shrimp and goby. I have them in a 24 gallon and really it is the footprint of a 10 gallon about so there would be plenty of room. They are so much fun to watch I am very lucky mine are usually out front and center.

Back
Top Bottom