10 gallon ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPXnoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a spare 10 gallon tank in my garage and am trying to figure out what in gods great name to do with it? I have a sweet little LFS that will order just about anything I want. :) so options are far from limited here.

There are lots of nanofish you could get. Here are some to look into:

Pygmy cory
Sparkling gourami
Dwarf gourami
Celestial pearl danio
Chili rasbora
Ember tetra
Dario Dario
Whitecloud mountain minnow
Endlers

That's just some to consider. Let us know what you're thinking!

I want something that is plant friendly. But still has lots of color and personality. :)

All mentioned fish are plant friendly and have nice colors. Look into them and see what you like. Also you may want to look into inverts like snails or shrimp

Following this thread because I am still deciding on some 10g ideas (I have two now- one is going to be endler's and hybrid guppies and one is celestial danios) -- but I would love a dwarf gourami but someone said they were too big for a ten?

I want something more uncommon. A rarer micro species tank.

VioletEmber said:
Following this thread because I am still deciding on some 10g ideas (I have two now- one is going to be endler's and hybrid guppies and one is celestial danios) -- but I would love a dwarf gourami but someone said they were too big for a ten?

My dwarf is in a 20 but I've heard of lots of people successfully kelping them for a long time in a 10gal. In fact I've heard them described as the perfect centerpiece for a 10-20g tank

Back
Top Bottom