10 gallon low-light with dirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ludwigia is doing great, it propped up really nice. I can get you some Rotala next week if you want man.

oh cool...then mine would be diatoms then too..

i have been busy....sorry....i will be here more often again...promise.:)

Quick snapshot I just took:

img_1335642_0_68809692669667ed5578fb9a1598df99.jpg

LOVE it...Great job! :)

Thanks!

I'm starting to wonder...should I up my photoperiod from 8.5hrs/day to 9 or 10? 8.5 has been working great for me, but I've been doing some reading and the average seems to be between 10 and 11.

10-11 is great if you are trying to grow out the scape... but based on your progress, I don't know if I would change a thing. I light my tanks 8 hrs a day...

Hi everyone. The point of this post is mainly to show how wonderfully Jon's ludwigia is doing in my tank! Also did a trimming. Got rid of a lot of the water sprite since it was blocking light penetration, and sent some Rotala to Jon. I didn't trim it A LOT since I want some for my 55. One more thing...ever since the Java Fern has been on this side of the tank, it's grown like mad. I removed all the nasty leaves and it's been lookin' great.

img_1340918_0_7b1efc671222b5a9a9b4f5ef9b899760.jpg

Thank you, Sharon!

I also want to mention that I have stopped dosing ferts entirely. Haven't noticed any ill effects at all.

So, sad news, at least to me. My brother wants to keep the 55 in the living room (I do too), and he said he'd split the increased electric and cost of an AC with me if I kept it there. With that being said, the 10g will be torn down since I will have no means of cooling it, and we don't want a clutter of aquariums in the living room.

Since I have no intentions of setting this up after tearing it down, I will be selling the light if anyone wants it. I'm gonna be moving all the plants and DW over to the 55, but unsure if I will be keeping the fish or not.

aww...that is somehow sad for me too...i have been loving how everything looks so great together on this one (lighting, substrate, background, plants, and fishes). how many cards do u have again?

Back
Top Bottom