10 gallon Nano Reef Stocking Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Braden8558

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone!

So I am not certain on it yet, but I plan to be setting up my first saltwater tank. I plan to make it a nano reef using a 10 gallon tank. I know that this isn't an ideal size for a beginner tank in saltwater, but it is the size I have to work with and to be honest, I would rather not do a 55 gallon salt water tank and have to be lugging around a ton of water during water changes, etc.

So I've done some research, though I have had some trouble finding a good list of fish that would work in a 10 gallon nano reef!

What I was thinking was either doing....

1 Six Line Wrasse

1 Watchman Goby

1 Pistol Shrimp

2 Scarlet legged crabs OR 2 blue legged crabs

2 Turbo snails

The other option is...

1-2 Ocellaris Clownfish

Then maybe the watchman goby and pistol shrimp if there was room. Then the same invertebrates as listed above.

To be honest if anyone could give me a good list or refer me to a link that talks about some suitable fish and a little bit about them that would be great! If you have any suggestions please tell me!

I'm looking forward to learning more and hearing your advice,

Thanks, Braden

10 gallons is too small for even a single ocellaris clown. try searching percula clowns they are the only ones suitable for a 10 gallon. there are also lots of cool gobies to choose from. six line wrasse are very active and need a bare minimum of 30 gallons. go to liveaquaria.com and check out the nano fish selection. nano reefs are more meant for coral and inverts in my opinion

Thanks for the advice! I guess the six line is out. What is the difference from true and false percula clowns? Can anyone else chime in?

Thanks, Braden

Back
Top Bottom