10 Gallon Non Co2 Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t57spikes

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 10 gallon tank that I want to put live plants in along with 8 Cardinal Tetras and 5 Cory Cats. I dont want to run CO2 and deal with that hassle so what are some good plants that will grow well without CO2, I wouldn't mind dosing Ferts. I will have a sand substrate to plant into. I wanted to run 50/50 Lighting would that work?

Why type of lighting do you have? In terms of a low tech set up (no co2) the best plants would be anubius nana, Java fern, anacharis, dwarf sag, jungle Val, and you could pull off some rotala species.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is there a particular reason you want to run 50/50? It's generally not very good looking with planted tanks, or at the very minimum creates a very unnatural looking tank.

That's too many fish.
Cardinals need more swimming room.
Unless they are pygmy Cories, the Cories will get too big. IMHO

Look at CPDs and C habrosus. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418155651.893126.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418155681.524990.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418155737.180291.jpg

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could use Seachem Fluorish Excel. It provides "Co2," and it's a small tank so it should work fine. Besides, using Fluorish would expand your plant options, and it's pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom