10 gallon planted shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J duff

Aquarium Advice Activist
Whats a good light for a 10gallon shrimp tank with low light plants also what type of plants do u recommend and what types of shrimp

The light depends on the plants you want. Plants are chosen for looks and how hard they are to care for. I went with low light plants when I had a planted tank and the light that came with my tank was good for growing them. I also went with basic yellow neo shrimp because they were easy to care for.

I have a low light tank with low light plants, and I have the lights that came with the tank and they look great!

A standard LED should be fine if you're just going with low-light plants. You could go with some Java Moss, Java Fern, and/or some crypts, which I don't have but am told are dead simple to keep. I found a neat list here that could be helpful.

For the shrimp, your best bet would probably be to go with a variety of Neocardina Heteropoda, commonly called Red Cherry Shrimp. They come in a few different colour morphs so you'd have some choice. My favourite morph is the blue velvet. I wouldn't recommend mixing two colours though, as if they breed it might not be all that pretty.

What about Red crystal shrimp do their parameters match red cherry morphs?

Thankyou! I will do a little more research before i make my decision

Back
Top Bottom