10 gallon planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think odyssea makes a three bulb fixture that size. More importantly, does anyone knows if you can run two of the four bulbs in this fixture. Thing about using actinics is that although plants cant use it, I would bet that some optimistic algae form could capitalize on it. Life is like that. Given an unoccupied niche, life finds a way.

Forgot this was a thread about a 10g, so yeah, I don't think a 3 bulb is made for that size either. I've heard both ways about actinics for a fw tank though, so perhaps it's more about how well everything else is balanced than just the actinics themself

Bringing an old thread back to life...

I have a 10 gal tank with a standard 15W T8 fluorescent right now. In my opinion and experience with lighting and plants, this is not enough light to grow high light plants like dwarf baby tear which I currently have in there now.

I have been talking a bit about CO2 on this forum and apparently you need CO2 if you have high powered lights?

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/diy-co2-v-s-compressed-co2-v-s-chemicals-228570.html

I am debating between the following two light fixtures for my 10 gallon which will have cherry shrimps. aqua_chem has informed me that the Odyssea fixture is crap, but I wanted to get a few opinions and maybe suggestions to lights that I don't have listed here.

1. Option 1 (good price) - Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting

2. Option 2 (more expensive, better quality) - Aquarium Lighting T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture: AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixtures

Back
Top Bottom