10 gallon quarantine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jd99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I decided to go ahead and set up a quarantine tank, and have it set up all the time.

The question is I don't want to have it empty (no bio load), and have to constantly feed it ammonia so I need to get something and put in it I was thinking a small plec, and maybe one or two other types of ???.

You all have any suggestions what to get? what ever I get needs to be compatible with my other fish, Discus, Bala Sharks, Cory Cats.

I figured I would pull them out and put them in the main aquarium when I need to use it for quarantine, then clean up any meds when I'm done and put them back.

Suggestions?

Thanks

I have a small hospital tank that I have ready to go when needed, but I keep the HOB filter in my large tank at all times until the small tank is needed. That way I get a little extra filtration in my main tank, and the beneficial bacteria are built up in the small filter for when I need it in the small tank. Then it only takes a few minutes to get a hospital tank set up, and it's completely cycled. Works great!

I have a small hospital tank that I have ready to go when needed, but I keep the HOB filter in my large tank at all times until the small tank is needed. That way I get a little extra filtration in my main tank, and the beneficial bacteria are built up in the small filter for when I need it in the small tank. Then it only takes a few minutes to get a hospital tank set up, and it's completely cycled. Works great!
I thought of that but I don't want to cut any holes in the top of any of my main tanks, I have canister filters on both and the holes are just big enough for the tubes, and the heater wires go through groments; The tops are 99.9% sealed so my evaporation is practically non existant. I'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks

If you don't want cut any more holes do you think that you could put a little more media in the canisters? You could take some out if your in need of your QT tank and if not extra doesn't hurt;)

I use a sponge driven air filter in my QT tank and a feeder guppy. Pet stores will usually have ones with a bent spine that they'll give away or sell super cheap.

Back
Top Bottom