10 gallon restart fiah advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhaynes01

Aquarium Advice Freak
as it says in my siganture i have a 10 gallon fW tank with guppys, i am getting rid of the guppys (giving them bakc to my friend)

and plannign on new fish now there is one fish i want very much but not sure if it will go well with the others that i want

that fish is a dwarf gourami (powderblue...............etc all the others too)

nsot sure i want to commit all my tiem to that specific fish so what are some other suggestion on fish that will work in my 10

(p.s i watn a schooling fish and a couple or one loner fish (not a betta)) thatnk you so very much

yeah you could get a sparkling gourami. they stay 1.5 inches and ive heard they are non aggressive. but ive only seen em one place here for like 2.50$.

could try corys, tetras, danios, barbs (maybe but probally not), white clouds etc.

ok that helps a liitle btu i want a spectacular school, which is teh best and does not get very big her is my list (it is planted aquarium)

1or2 of ottos
1 dwarf gourami
4-10 schooling fish need advice on what kind
i already have a snail in there abou the size of a quarter

Have you consider Neon Tetras? They're shiny and grows up to 1.5 inch.
I was thinking to get some of them myself, but after finding 15+ fry in the tank, it would be better for me to wait till they grow up... :roll:

I'd suggest zebra danios. They're very active and I love to watch mine :) They're "schooling fish" but they're usually off on their own. Otherwise I would suggest black rasborras or pristella tetras.

The minimum gals per angel is 10. Depending on finage and the decor you choose, the angel may not have not much room when full grown.

ok thanks to you all for puttuign in your info.
here is an updated list from all the advice i have gotten

2 ottos
1 dwarf gourami (will go in last)
3-5 schooling fish either tetras or rasboras
1 mystery snail (already in their)

ok i went out today and bought some fish

2- ottos
1- dwarf gourami, red stripes and turqouise stripes, beautiful

i am not plannig on a nother fish but if any of you guys think any fish would go well with my dwarf gourami please feel free to say so

also critique my setup (whisper power filter 10-20, tetra heater, adn two incandescants 25 bulbs, 5 watts a gallon, just run the heater at night also a under gravel filter with air pump.)

for the lights id suggest CF. (compact florescent). because incandescents make your water look yellow and it doesnt heat up your water. but its mainly oppinion. each bulb (flo) is like 5$ (i think less) ooh do you have the tetra whisper heater? those rock. i have em for all 3 of my tanks

no its a tetra heater, not a whisper but pretty much same thing anyway i saw soem CF that will fit into my incandescatn socket, btu they are both 10 watts which would eb 20 watts in my tank i need altleast 5 watts a gallon what other light cani get?

why do you need 5 watts per gallon? i think thats a bit much. it might distract your fish.

true, plants need 1-3 watts. and 3 watts is pretty bright. anything more than 3 youll need a diy co2 injector

true, plants need 1-3 watts. and 3 watts is pretty bright. anything more than 3 youll need a diy co2 injector
CO2 injectors and light wattage do not go hand-in-hand.

mhaynes01, just leave your heater on all the time, if the water is warm enough, the heater should not kick in. Therefore, you will not be wasting electricity.

ohh ok gotya menagerie, i saw these CF lights at walmart in the fish section that said they were fish, so i assume they would be ok for live plants.

Back
Top Bottom