10 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giant Danio

Aquarium Advice Freak
My ten gallon stocking idea's:
1 electric blue dwarf crayfish
1 male Betta and 3 male guppy's

The tank will be cycled with a PH of 7.9
2 big fake plants 1 castle with a cave in the bottom and 1 fake rock cave with 2 more small fake plants on it. Tell me what you think.

Guppy's are out of the question then maybe some neons?
Any suggestions of a small schooling fish to go with the Betta and cray

neons are too small and would get eatin by the cray. i dont even know if the betta will live since its slow

allaboutfish said:
neons are too small and would get eatin by the cray. i dont even know if the betta will live since its slow

But the dwarf cray only gets 3-5 inches max are you sure he might get the Betta

No, I wouldn't do it, the betta will be stressed from running from the cray, they like to chill on the bottom (I have a betta hammock that mine uses near the surface) eventually the cray will get him

hippy guy said:
No, I wouldn't do it, the betta will be stressed from running from the cray, they like to chill on the bottom (I have a betta hammock that mine uses near the surface) eventually the cray will get him

+1 to that, my guy is forever chilling on leaves on the bottom of the tank. He would make a REALLY easy meal for the cray.
Have you considered having a betta community tank, and a separate tank for the cray?
atletyou do 't have to worry abut accidental meals that way!

allaboutfish said:
guppys will die bc of bettas

Well that really depends on the Betta...my first Betta didn't mind guppies at all but when he died and I got a new Betta he hated them

Yeah bettas are basically like that with any fish. I have a betta that hates cory cats (probobly cuz there always flying around so fast) but my crowntail swims doesn't even notice them.. but he dislikes neons..and most anything else in "his" 5 gal. Lol

I'm not sure about traits being linked unless it's something to do with breeding but my crowntail is extremely easy going he just lays around , while my female is also calm but particularly like to many fish around her at once . One or twos fine but anymore than that and she darts off .

Yeah my crowntail was very laidback, but I just threw that up to him not being able to swim as fast as my delta tail betta, who chases anybody he can find lol

I have a half-moon tail that is super chill. Him and my cards play hide and go seek, and he likes to get down eye to eye with my amanos and watch them. He isn't quite sure what to think of the harlequins though. I imagine him as this 80 yo grandpa yelling at them to shut up and stay off the grass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom