10 gallon stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOMA

Aquarium Advice Addict
so at the moment i have 2 neons in a ten gallon. i plan on adding 5-7 more neons to make a nice school. i was wondering what other fish would be good to add? i want fish(s) that swim through the top and middle of the tank. also what would be a good single bottom feeder?

the tank has a few live plants and a few fake, i would say well planted.

thanks,
joma

I think that a dwarf gourami might be good in there. I don't know any single bottom eaters but I know that shrimp and DWARF/PYGMY corydoras make good bottom feeders:)

i was actually thinking of adding a dwarf! i thought he'd make a good center piece

if i had 7 neons, a dwarf, 2 pygmy corys, could i add a school of another fish?

hmm i thought cories should be in a school of 4, at least that was what I read before. what filter do you have? you might be able to add a school of 5 more fish.

I think you're pushing it if you add more fish after after the 7 neons.

ohhhhh....you can never go wrong with overfiltration hehehhe....

cool! you could probably add a school of 5 harlequin tetras. I had them before with a school of cardinals and they were fine with a rainbow dwarf gourami as a centerpiece in a heavily planted 10G tank.

EDIT: harlequin rasboras not harlequin tetras...

awwssss that's too bad...they are the greatest....they are so cute and lively...:) a lot of personality.

There's more than ghost shrimp out there. There are red cherry shrimp, amano shrimp and many more. I don't think that if you add 7 more neons and add a dwarf gourami there won't be room for the dwarf cories. If you got rid of the gourami and only added in 4-6 more neons you could add in 4-5 dwarf cories it would be stocked:)

petsmart doesnt sell anything besides ghost shrimp. it stinks.

That does stink, so that's when the second stocking option that I wrote above would work too.

ooo!
what about:
7 neon tetras
5 other schooling fish
dwarf gourami
2 mystery snails for clean up?

or 2 black kuhli loaches! i have read in many places that they have a very low bioload

Back
Top Bottom