10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelf

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 10 with live rock 1 peppermint shrimp and a baby snowflake moray my water is in excellent condition I want to add just ONE fish but a really pretty fish oh I forgot I also have coral.. any suggestion on fish just fish nothing else .. thanks

angelf said:
I have a 10 with live rock 1 peppermint shrimp and a baby snowflake moray my water is in excellent condition I want to add just ONE fish but a really pretty fish oh I forgot I also have coral.. any suggestion on fish just fish nothing else .. thanks

Serious? You have a snowflake eel in a 10 gallon?

Do you mean you have a 10 gallon or a 100 gallon tank?

joy13 said:
Do you mean you have a 10 gallon or a 100 gallon tank?

He means 10 gallon i think and thats just messed up. Your shrimp is eel food and that tank is 5x too small

Omg guys I said just what fish its a baby once it gets big I'm giving it to my friend in his 159 gallon tank. I'm going to the airforce in the summer so their is no need off me to upgrade and spend all that money on a new tank I'm having this tank just to experience what its like to have a saltwater aquarium... I know it sounds small but its enough space for about 5 more months which is all I have left. No suggestion on fish that's fine ill just ask the store.

If the store gives you any suggestions what to put in a 10 gallon tank that has an eel in it I would think twice about it. Might become a meal or a death warrant for your snowflake eel. If it is just big enough so it can't swallow it, it still may try and end up with it stuck in its throat. Enjoy the eel while you are here and hope it doesn't grow to fast.

Famous words at a lot of the lfs it will only grow as big as your tank. LOL right tell that to my buddy that had to dismantle a 29 gallon to get a sargent major damsel out. In less than a year it went from just over and inch to a 4 inch terror. Now it is back at the same fish store.

Thank you well its still a baby I have hermit crabs and peppermint shrimp in their with him and he hasn't tried to eat them yet I am going to buy krill today and feed him for the first time. Hopefully he eats..

They can be rather difficult to get to eat like most sw that are predators.

I concur with what everyone else is saying - snowflake may do okay in there in the time you have left, but if you add anything fish-wise, you're basically telling the eel that it's lunch time.

You COULD export the eel now, while it's still alive and healthy, and pick up a couple of nano fish. In the end I think you'll find they're more entertaining to watch, easier to keep happy, and will give you more of the "saltwater experience" that you're looking for.

Just my suggestion, of course, and no offense intended - but there are some animals, no matter how young, that just wont thrive in an aquarium that size. Eels are one of them.

Back
Top Bottom