10 inches of Conflicting Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rejoice

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Guys & Gals, I need your wisdom

I’m incredibly frustrated over some of the advice/articles on the internet and aquarium books.

I love to research, (it's a curse), but in so doing I have encountered a huge size expectancy conflict on my Long Spined Porcupine Puffer. Live Aquaria & Wet Web Media say a foot & a half (which is what I've been gearing towards) but I'm finding a very large number saying Puffy's only going to get between 6-8 inches in an aquarium. The book Saltwater Aquarium Encyclopedia and several others say an average 6 inches.

16 inches or 6 inches is a massive difference!

Now I don't want "I've read or heard that they will get ...” I trust the experience of the people of this forum fully, so I'm going to ask..

if you have (or your friends have had and you've seen) a Porky Puffer in an aquarium, how big is/was he/she when he/she stopped growing?

Instead of opinions, I'd really like some confirmed proof instead of a 10 inches debate!

Please...Please...Please...Oh Gurus of Saltwater Aquariums...Help Me Find Out.

I have seen personally some porcupine puffers in the 12" range, never in the 16" range, but definately in the 12" range. I do believe there is a dwarf variety of the porcupine puffer, but I'm not 100% on that.

Back
Top Bottom