10G FW Planted Aquarium Build Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Daaaang! Lookin' good! I love plants! Did you see my new look? It's still in progress, but I have a thread up with the basic look

LEVEL UPDATES:

Okay, before I put all the new plants in, I actually did a 70% PWC last March 20, 2011 around 2PM-12th days of cycling because I cannot stand the tannins from the mopani wood. It is all good now though. Put Prime in and Seachem Flourish. Levels around 9:30PM were Ammo:0ppm and Nitrite:0ppm. So, so much for my excitement of my nitrite spikes.

Since everything is at 0ppm even the nitrates, I decided to do the pure ammonia today (March 21) but I did a very big bobo though. I put 1 tablespoon around 3ish this afternoon instead of 1 teaspoon. So when I realized my mistake, I waited to check for the levels. Around 4:57PM, checked and I was horrified. Ammo went way of the chart..darker than 8ppm so I made another 70% PWC around 5:10PM. I hope it didn't affect my plants.

Daaaang! Lookin' good! I love plants! Did you see my new look? It's still in progress, but I have a thread up with the basic look

Thanks corbo...I love plants too that's why I ordered way over my limit...well, not really. I was able to put them all in. LOL.

I will check on your threads..I haven't seen it yet..

Thanks again.

Nothing wrong with that! Extra vegetation is ok with me. :) haha. Im adding more to mine too!

I know...I am actually loving my tank..I divided all the plants between my 3 tanks that has been cycling without fish. So I have more pictures for my other threads...

daileene said:
Okay, what is the verdict? ;-)

IMHO, all I can say is.... WOW!!

Looks amazing and you said you didn't know what to do with the DW, I'd say you got it just right making it the center piece. Once it grows out, it's gonna look like a living (growing) art piece :D.

I wanna get mine going :(

I hate the waiting and now I'm jealous to boot. hehe..

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

IMHO, all I can say is.... WOW!!

Looks amazing and you said you didn't know what to do with the DW, I'd say you got it just right making it the center piece. Once it grows out, it's gonna look like a living (growing) art piece :D.

I wanna get mine going :(

I hate the waiting and now I'm jealous to boot. hehe..

Thank you so much..I originally didn't know if I was gonna make it stand sideways or slant it...and I was so confuse which side of the DW would be nice to be the front coz of its 2 color beauty. But I decided it to be the centerpiece, as what you've said. Thank you again. I was actually nervous of showing off my tank..didn't know if it was nice enough to show off..hehe.

Yours will get there, I know it..don't be jealous...keep me updated of the link when you finally do...I wanna follow your thread. :)

:shock: WOW!!! That looks beautiful! Very nice job w/ the DW and plant placement!

You have definitely inspired me! Speaking of which, I just posted a thread... big things are happening! ;) Well, not in the plant department yet, but I'm getting things setup so I can have a low-maintenance tank. Eh, hopefully.

Stay positive w/ your cycle... you'll get there! :D

I know patients, but dang it I wanna get going. Got a new piece of DW for something special ;) <- teaser :eek:.

I'll keep you updated for sure, after all I'll probably be stealing ideas from you (and coles mom too) :p.

:shock: WOW!!! That looks beautiful! Very nice job w/ the DW and plant placement!

You have definitely inspired me! Speaking of which, I just posted a thread... big things are happening! ;) Well, not in the plant department yet, but I'm getting things setup so I can have a low-maintenance tank. Eh, hopefully.

Stay positive w/ your cycle... you'll get there! :D

Thank you McLumpy...I did see the thread...good job with the plan...I was poor in that department, I went with my impulse..LOL. You will do great, I know it. :)

Thank you for the encouragement with my cycle..I am hoping it will do fine with my pure ammonia now..at least I don't have to worry with the consistency of how much I should feed. :)

I know patients, but dang it I wanna get going. Got a new piece of DW for something special ;) <- teaser :eek:.

I'll keep you updated for sure, after all I'll probably be stealing ideas from you (and coles mom too) :p.

Oh yeah...you did get one from Petco too..hmmm you are a teaser...I wanna see the pics now..LOL...

And thank you for putting me on the list to be updated, I appreciate it, but I don't know if I am in the level with colesmom yet...she is very good. I kept on learning from her.

Thank you McLumpy...I did see the thread...good job with the plan...I was poor in that department, I went with my impulse..LOL. You will do great, I know it. :)

Thank you for the encouragement with my cycle..I am hoping it will do fine with my pure ammonia now..at least I don't have to worry with the consistency of how much I should feed. :)

Yeah, I noticed you posted on my thread after I posted on yours. lol Thanks for the encouragement... I hope it goes well! :D

What do you plan on doing w/ the 2 extra DW pieces? That largest piece looks awfully big and would look really nice in a 55 gallon tank. Just a thought. ;)

daileene said:
Oh yeah...you did get one from Petco too..hmmm you are a teaser...I wanna see the pics now..LOL...

And thank you for putting me on the list to be updated, I appreciate it, but I don't know if I am in the level with colesmom yet...she is very good. I kept on learning from her.

That one and another one at a lfs to help with my tall tank.

Yes, you're learning and it shows in this latest effort you designed.

It will go well...:)

And oh the other two smaller ones went in the 5G, the other smaller one went into my 4.4G then the largest one in the pic went into my other 10G. :) See the thread in my signatures..:) I posted pics there too with the plants..

ohhh i am even more excited in seeing them...two DWs...woohoo...

and thank you...I am learning everyday...great site here...if it weren't for the advices I got, I won't be able to even create this tank...:) Thanks!

daileene said:
ohhh i am even more excited in seeing them...two DWs...woohoo...

and thank you...I am learning everyday...great site here...if it weren't for the advices I got, I won't be able to even create this tank...:) Thanks!

+1

AA is great and has greatly inspired me.

Back
Top Bottom