10G FW Planted Aquarium...kinda Re-Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL...yeah. It will take you a while to read this...do it next time when your eyes are not hurting. This was my very first tank where I did all my mistakes from. HA!

Don't worry about the BBG. I got some in mine too. It came from the guy you got it from, but you can get rid of them with Excel, when yours will arrive. And I think the lighting too will help (turning it off).

Yeah, that li'l stinker always hides on me...she is very scaredy(sp?)...LOL:ROFLMAO: She would have been pregnant if I put him in with Edwin. LOL. But I wasn't ready for babies....:D

My eye is feeling a little better, but now I'm starting to dose off, (it was a long day lol).

Yeah, I can't wait until my Excel shows up! That will help a lot! My shipment is coming from NY though, so it takes awhile. /sigh

From what I saw of your DG, she's a pretty little thing! She will make Edwin very happy... eh, one of these days. ;)

My eye is feeling a little better, but now I'm starting to dose off, (it was a long day lol).

Yeah, I can't wait until my Excel shows up! That will help a lot! My shipment is coming from NY though, so it takes awhile. /sigh

From what I saw of your DG, she's a pretty little thing! She will make Edwin very happy... eh, one of these days. ;)

LOL Don't push it lady....rest your beautiful eyes....you are going to sleep...you are going to sleep now...is it working? :D

Yep...Edwin would have been happy....maybe someday!:brows:

Rescued one delta tail betta male and 2 halfmoon double tail male bettas from Petco last June 22 because I just can't stand leaving there without saving one. Most of them are already dead in the cups and I felt so bad. So I bought 3. One of them ended on this tank. The delta tail male betta (named him Leonardo) was chosen to replace my female dwarf gourami in this tank and she was transferred to my other 10G. Hope you enjoy watching!

YouTube - ‪6-24-2011 Living Room 10G FW Planted Tank.wmv‬‏

I now have this stock in here:

1 x delta tail betta (male)
1 x horned nerite snail
2 x tiger nerite snail
1 x brittlenose pleco
6 x ember tetras

Overstocked?

I now have this stock in here:

1 x delta tail betta (male)
1 x horned nerite snail
2 x tiger nerite snail
1 x brittlenose pleco
6 x ember tetras

Overstocked?

I don't think you're overstocked. Of course, don't listen to me, I have a 10 inch Common Pleco in my tank. lol I've been trying to rehome him for a month and no takers yet. /sigh

Awesome looking Betta and cool video!!! Matchbox 20... nice touch! :D

So, let me get this straight, you placed your female DG in the same tank as your male DG? :brows: lol

I don't think you're overstocked. Of course, don't listen to me, I have a 10 inch Common Pleco in my tank. lol I've been trying to rehome him for a month and no takers yet. /sigh

Awesome looking Betta and cool video!!! Matchbox 20... nice touch! :D

So, let me get this straight, you placed your female DG in the same tank as your male DG? :brows: lol

Hi dear...thanks....I hope I am not overstocked. I love all of them here very much. They said the brittlenose will grow up to 5" or 6"? Hmm...

Thanks. I do love how he looks like. I can't get out of Petco without getting them coz I am afraid they will be the next to go :deadhorse:. Hehehehe...yeah..my son was sooooo noisy in the background in all the videos so I ended up putting all music in all of them. Thanks....glad you love it.

And yeah...my Edwin was so ecstatic. The moment I floated the bag with Jackie in it, Edwin was floating upside down beside it, I think that is showing the flirtation thing? I don't know. But anywho, he won't leave Jackie alone...LOL. And he is making new bubbles...:brows::lol:

I think it's great that you rescued the Bettas. It's sad to walk by the stacks of cups to see some of them deceased. :(

I saw the bubble nest! WTG Edwin!! If I had to guess, yeah, it sounds like he was flirting w/ her. ;)

I know...I just can't imagine how they are so cold and don't care that most of them are dead in the cups. :-(

Yep...I bet when I come home tomorrow I would see a a complete bubble nest from Edwin. LOL. I am at my mother in law's right now.

Okay. I know you guys will be like, "what happened to this tank?", when you see the pictures below. But here is my little story.

I transferred my delta tail male betta to my 10G in my bedroom. So the fish I have left was 1 cardinal (from the other 10G) and 4 ember tetras. I then saw some white cottony spots in the ember's mouth, fins, and bodies. So I immediately thought it was ick, so when I did my PWC, I put some salt in, little did I know that I overfed the salt in my tank, so my fish was acting so weird and they all were swimming sideways and breathing hard. I felt so bad, so I took them all out and change the water again (90% PWC) and put them back, but sad to say that they all didn't make. :-( So this tank is empty now. And with the plants, my amazon sword and the cabombas melted with the salt and turned all the leaves and stem into brown. So I trimmed it all down and took all the cabombas coz they really look dead, so this is why my tank looks so weird now. :-(

img_1519808_0_1d0cac8bb6e7f3ee4e783357749f15b6.jpg

img_1519808_1_6fc13f5377ef84609cb1e2c6248bb794.jpg

img_1519808_2_f80b877bd9304cbde2ec05fed2c63577.jpg

so sorry dear...it's okay. i am little okay now. :-(

i felt so bad at first, like for days, coz it felt like instead of helping them, I killed them all. :-(

although I always look at the bright side, your crypts are still alive, which I am so thankful. I would have felt more horrible if that died too. It's a gift and I want to treasure it.

Sorry to be a debby downer but white and cottony is definitely not ick. ick looks like salt on the body of the fish. white and cottony could be a multitude of other things, anywhere from a fungus to columnaris (sp?)
In future cases, I would definitely know exactly what you're treating before starting any type of medication because it sounds like this catastrophe could have been avoided.
Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to be a debby downer but white and cottony is definitely not ick. ick looks like salt on the body of the fish. white and cottony could be a multitude of other things, anywhere from a fungus to columnaris (sp?)
In future cases, I would definitely know exactly what you're treating before starting any type of medication because it sounds like this catastrophe could have been avoided.
Sorry for your loss.

No, I totally understand. I should have took a picture of it and posted it here and have it identified. My fish would have been still here.

In the future, I won't jump on anything until I know what it is I am dealing with.

No, I totally understand. I should have took a picture of it and posted it here and have it identified. My fish would have been still here.

In the future, I won't jump on anything until I know what it is I am dealing with.

Chalk it up to a learning experience and just know the next fish friends you bring into your home will be THAT much better cared for. :)

I'm so sorry to hear about it Daileene :-(
But I know that you will re build the tank even better than before.
I was watching the your video posted on early July, so just keep in mind how beautiful it was and how beautiful will be..:) soon!

I'm so sorry to hear about it Daileene :-(
But I know that you will re build the tank even better than before.
I was watching the your video posted on early July, so just keep in mind how beautiful it was and how beautiful will be..:) soon!

oh thank you for the boost of confidence edgar...i really needed that. thanks. :)

So, I lost my 4 cherry barbs in here because of the power outage....i only have 3 zebra danios left...

I am considering of getting more zebras since it can tolerate colder temps and maybe more leopard danios in here. :-( I still miss my cherry barbs though. :-(

Back
Top Bottom