10g Guppy tank Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanTheGuppyMan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Along with my 10g PFR journal I figured I would go ahead and add this one. I have had this guppy tank set up for almost a month-ish now. Got the guppies from the wonderful Shay, thanks again :) I have 3 males and 6 females, and so far I have saved about 6 fry and have been feeding the others to my angelfish. I actually had an issue with this tank at first, I originally planted it with Ludwigia Inclinata Var. Verticillata 'Cuba' with a Ray II light, but I had to switch that Ray II out for some CFL bulbs because my 6g Iwagumi needed the Ray II, and the CFL's just didnt have it in for the ludwigia i guess because it all turned brown and died :( So, I just put a Current TrueLumen Pro LED strip on this tank and my PFR tank beside it (a 48" fixture), so it should have enough light for the crypts, rotala magenta, DHG, and brazilian pennywort in it now. I just re-planted it so the plants are a little down right now, I hope they fill in well though. Some before and after pics are below. it has an AC30 filter I got from Billbug68 - thanks again Billbug :)

Before:

i9jUjKpFiDG2K.jpg

Current:

ibcu3101iBFJn2.jpeg

Personally, I liked the before picture better, so I may switch it back once I have the plants and if this new look doesnt do well for me since I have some good lighting now. So tell me what you think!

I think it looks good either way Dan :) I think when it fills in it will look even better than before.

I like both, but if it were my tank, I'd probably go with the first pic :)

Thanks Sydney :) Yeah, I still like the first pic better, but I am going to wait this out. I can switch back to the first pic as soon as i grow some more ludwigia to put in, if I dont like how this turns out. So it works either way :D I havent cleaned in there in a while either so it looks kind of messy...:oops:

Wanted to jump in on 1 of your threads Dan.
I like what your doing so far with everything.

I also like the first pic best, though both look swell.

I really like the first pic but I also like the second, you did a great job with both but I think the second pic the plants just need to grow out some. Really like what you're doing with all your tanks too, great job

thanks guys...as i said i am going to see how it all grows in and then decide what i will further do with it. My crypts grow wild so it shouldnt be too long :)

Yeah I like the first pic too. But both do the job. I'm sure the guppies will get it on either way! ;)

Back
Top Bottom