10g Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James From Cali

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is going to be my 10g Bowfront journal. I will update as often as I get upgrades for the tank. Right now it is nothing but a tank. The only inhabitant when I start it will be a Red Tail Black Variatus. It will be planted with Anacharis, Java Fern, Windelov Java Fern and other plants I havent figured out yet. I will use Aquatic Planting Media for the substrate.

http://www.sdpondandgarden.com/images/categories/AquaticPlantingMedia.jpg

There will be driftwood but I have a trick to it on how the driftwood will be placed. So here is just the tank.

img_843855_0_a4013db630253cf1becf6616ccea994c.jpg

hahaha. Yeah my brothers bed was the only thing cleared off(messy room). I am going to probably post more pics next month when I buy the substrate and get my hardscape.

Sounds like it will be a nice tank.

btw, these plants "Anacharis, Java Fern, Windelov Java Fern" do not get "planted" in the substrate. For a tank that size, there are some nice Cryptocoryne species that will really like the substrate you are planning to use.

Sounds like it will be a nice tank.

btw, these plants "Anacharis, Java Fern, Windelov Java Fern" do not get "planted" in the substrate. For a tank that size, there are some nice Cryptocoryne species that will really like the substrate you are planning to use.

The anacharis will be planted. That is how I currently have mine growing and it just started taking off after a couple of weeks of acclimating. The Java Ferns will be tied down to rocks or along the driftwood. There wont be Cryptocorynes in this tank but eventually Anubias, Mariselia or HC, and Aponogetons or Swords. There will be also a female Marigold Variatus in the tank. I will need to start looking for a different morph so I have different designs.

Sometime this week I will be getting the new gravel for the tank and be doing kind of a switch with tanks as this one takes less space. But its still a livebearer haven :).

Back
Top Bottom