10G planted question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeafsFan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am using two UltraSun 6500K bulbs for my 10G.

Question is, should I remove the plastic partion between light and water and have direct light with no barrier? I feel with these two bulbs I should be getting better results. When I first put the lights in my Wisteria and rotala were awesome and then both fizzled out.

I am using Flourish Comprehensive and API C02 booster. I do 20% water changes weekly.

I find the plastic gets fogged up easily, and I would assume that would be restricting direct light.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Only if you have a decent distance between your fixture and the water. Otherwise evaporation will eventually short out your light. What's the wattage on the bulbs? I have a 36" deep tank, and the glass covers over the tank are necessary, and don't really obstruct that much light, even with pretty bad calcium deposit coverage. Glass is a ton easier to clean and tends to allow more light through in general, though.

Are you seeing a problem with your growth? What plants do you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry for the late response.

Wattage is 10.

I also just realized, I am using 1 13w everyday CFL bulb. For some reason when I plug the UltraSun in one of the sockets it flickers.

Plants:
Rotala
Hornwart
Bacopa
Broadleaf Anubias
Christmas Moss
Straight Val or a Sword can't tell.

I might just get a better suited canopy.

Back
Top Bottom