115 Gallen tank, do i have to many fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidwolf

Aquarium Advice Regular
115 Gallen tank, do I have too many fish in my tank because so difficult to keep the nitrate down, and getting tired of doing a 50% water change weekly with RO water. I use Ro water because of bad tap water.

List of fish and most goldfish are 2 to 3 inches but catfish is 7 inches.

2 Placo's
2 fancy goldfish
2 stander goldfish
1 Koi
2 hillstream loaches
1 catfish

Are Those plecos common or what ‘flavour’ are they? If they’re common pleco they’re going to get huge and right there I’d say your overstocked just for potential size of them and the catfish. Factor in the bio load side of it, goldfish and koi aren’t helping matters.

But, if we’re talking a couple little bristlenose pleco, then not so bad. Bio load is one thing that can be dealt with if you have the time, but potentially very large fish in a relatively small tank is not something that can be worked around. Everyone likes to assess stocking on bio load levels, while that’s Great, it really doesn’t mean much if you have no problem doing weekly or even semi weekly water changes. It’s really only a problem if the fish are physically too big for the tank or if you’re unable to maintain adequate water quality

It would depend on your filtration, water changes and feeding routine. Since goldfish are ammonia machines and excrete a lot of it I would over-filter the begezus out of it and really control the feedings. With 50% water changes a week not being out of the question. You may find that large water changes will become tedious and removing a few to give you a break with water parameters will become a reality. Now, if you had a large compliment of Cichlids in a tank that size keeping the nitrates in the acceptable range would be attainable.

Back
Top Bottom