12 gallon hex tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostLoach

Aquarium Advice Activist
what can i have i would like a anything cool or unique mix of fish and inverts mostly inverts..idk if im gonna have corals cuz lights are expensive i have a 15 watt flourescent tube on there will that work?

Typically I would not suggest the type of tank you have for SW. They are difficult to maintain because of their shape and height. That small of a tank is going to limit you on what fish you can have. You need to look for "nano" fish.

A 15w fluorescent tube will not cover the lighting requirements for corals.

peppermint and cleaner shrimp, sexy shrimp too. though not too sure on compatibility.

you could do a clown and maybe a small goby of some kind, though the clown would need to be moved out eventually.

clown gobies and neon blues stay small, but clown gobies are known to not eat and die.

I have to agree with Allen. Too small of a tank and shape will hinder you. You`ll only be able to have one fish and it will need to be quite small. Maybe a few easy corals but your lighting will need an upgrade.

IMO i started with a 12 gallon and was happy with it for ....about 3 weeks, i now have a 55 gallon hex which I like ,but see what issues people have with them. namley tall and skinny so not much floor space and its hard to find lighting that works on it. i'd like to go with a square tank, but not in the budget for the time being :(

ok i can live with no one or no fish but how am i for inverts..and btw thw tank really isnt that tall..16in so its not a big deal ..but anyway invert what can i get i see there is no minimum tank size for alot of them on liveaquaria

Back
Top Bottom