125 future fahaka tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZHiTcH41

Aquarium Advice Activist
Last night I put my dirt in the tank and caped it with gravel. Than did a sand area.

image-1251453650.jpg

This morning I pulled some java fern from my 55 and planted it around the drift wood. It's being held down by a big rock right not. But I must say the drift wood is awesome!!

View attachment 144705

image-1225619788.jpg

Taking it slow though.

Attachments

• image-1135970263.jpg
    image-1135970263.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 295
I've wanted a fahaka for so long I'm so jealous haha! Looks awesome that driftwood is sweet

I have a feeling once I start seeing this its going to persuade me to by that 150 gallon I've been contemplating on getting for a fahaka...

abrinn23 said:
I have a feeling once I start seeing this its going to persuade me to by that 150 gallon I've been contemplating on getting for a fahaka...

When I get my fahaka I just hope he will be healthy

I added an ozelot sword from my other tank

image-1247615028.jpg

I added these four plants. I believe it's called Cardinal plant

image-3022594294.jpg

I added a little crypt runner.

image-3435611582.jpg

I put some clippings of baby tear in also. Not the dwarf baby tears. I'm try And carpet with them. Just keep cutting and replanting. If it don't like the looks, I will just dwarf sag it out.

image-1245227799.jpg

He's what the set up looks like now. Its Kinda filling out nicely. Might have to move that java fern up at the top of the drift wood. Also, I attached anubias nana I think that's what it is, to the drift
Wood branch to the left. Hopefully it grows up the long branch.

With this set up I planned on having the right side as the planted side, only taking up a quarter of the tank. This side has dirt under the gravel for the plants to grow. I will be using some plant grade aquarium lights for that's side. On the left side it is just sand. This is so he we have good swimming space. This area will also serve as the battle arena for food. This way he don't accidentally destroy plants when trying to eat food.
image-101247700.jpg

That's looks awesome! I love how you used the word "battle arena" that's exactly what it will be haha

abrinn23 said:
That's looks awesome! I love how you used the word "battle arena" that's exactly what it will be haha

I Thought someone would find that funny. I can't wait to sell tickets to the event :p

Put my Fx5 filter on the tank a few hours ago. I had it running on my 55gal. Gonna get good. Bacteria fast. Orders my puffer today to. He will be here Friday.

You really have no idea how jealous I am of you! Haha that's awesome, I hope he's in decent shape

my puffer got delayed I might not get him till tomorrow or Monday I'm pissed!! He better not be dead. Something like this just had to happen. This was on next day delivery I payed 35$ for.

Back
Top Bottom