125 gallon community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tangs27

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone! I took down my saltwater tank and decided to just put my freshwater fish in the tank, they are currently in a 110 gallon. I need to restock my tank as I had larger fish in it for the last 5 or so years, the only fish left are the "newer" additions. I have a giant danio and a clown pleco left. I want colorful community fish so my daughters can enjoy it more but I'm stuck lol. I haven't had a community tank for over 10 years and I just can't decide. I know for sure I want schooling fish that are colorful but I can't make up my mind. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I'm currently have a mixed tetra tank, heavily planted, and I have been very pleased with the result. This is my first venture into smaller shoaling fish and have been really surprised at how attractive and interesting they are. Big fish you see as an individual, small fish you see as a group and watch how they react and interact.
The downside has been that my 80 year old mother can't see the less bright fish and so I have been increasing the stock of Cardinal tetras. They are brilliantly bright and easy to see. They are sociable and stay out most of the time, your daughters would like that.
Also, under blue light the cardinals show up in the evening. I've added a blue light picture but it's a bit fuzzy, but you'll get the idea.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thank you for the response and pictures! That is a beautiful tank and they would love it. I have a light that has a blue setting so that would be perfect at night. Thanks again I think I'm gonna run with this one[emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom