125 gallon salt water build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Things are looking good in the acrylic tank. Im picking up live rock for the other 125 tomorrow. As soon asi have help moving it into my house I will beging cycling it.

Made a good trade today. Got rid of an iPod touch I wasn't using and got 100 pounds of live rock 60 pounds of sand a ton of testing kits and some coral buffers. A 54 gallon tank with stand along with all the proper lighting for any coral, a magnum 350 filter with a hob filter. A couple power heads and heaters. Will have the other tank inside hopefully soon so I can get it up and running

Quite the haul yes specially cramming it all into a 2 door civic but it was deff worth it.

Yup :) I have gotten more into it. I bought a cable crossover machine a few years back and got al the boxes for it in there lol

Tested the water today and here is where I am. Salinity 1.02 amonia less than. 25 nitrite is at 0 nitrate is 5 ppm Ph is at 8 all is around 2.2

I need to get a better tester for all I think. I have the red sea one I have just does in between ranges and not exact. There is brown lgae on most of the live rock and some purple coraline starting on some as well

Also now have a 54 gallon tank empty trying to figure out how to stock it. I have lighting to make it sw and sand but would need LR. I am thinking possibly doing another cichlid tank. Any suggestions

i would do saltwater.

brown in good in your tank so your coming along. it seems like on my tanks that ive set up brown was always in the beginning then its gone. if you feel your testes are alil wishy washy, it would be interesting to see a comparison.

Its been up and running aboutn2 weeks, any idea on how much longer it will need to cycle. This is my first sw cycle

a week? or two? ive seen people report 2 weeks-6weeks on thier cycle time. unicorn's, if she ever gets back on aa, took what seemed like months.

I'm doing my best to go slow. So hard seeing it sit with nothing in it lol. I'm ready to at least see snails and crabs lol.

Patience, patience...the time will come! It's really worth all the waiting in the end. You'll see. :-D

Yes true. I have my biocubes to watch in the same room so that helps a lot for sure :)

waiting sucks. it took me months, months i tell you, to get just my sump to the point where i could even run water though it. and it still needs a fuge light and macro.

and all the stocking that i want to do in the dt is probably 6-10 months out too. i feel your pain.

My 2nd 125 I ma do a sump and fuge on, haven't started planning on that yet the base of the acrylic tank is set up as a fuge but I think it would be too much weight for the floor an would have to move it to the basement

Small update. My new power heads came in today so those will b getting put in tonight. And I am picking up a sump and Skimmer for my other tank this weekend. Possibly some other stuff as well

Power heads are here. Ready to put in new ones. Thinking one in the corner and 2 behind the live rock. Any better ideas

Back
Top Bottom