125 SA stock planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It'd be cheaper to fly to the amazon to find your own dw!! I know the stuggle of finding the perfect piece though.. price becomes 2nd concern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It'd be cheaper to fly to the amazon to find your own dw!! I know the stuggle of finding the perfect piece though.. price becomes 2nd concern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't give me any ideas lol, I could do a collection trip to peru and collect my stock and decor for not too much more than this project will ultimately cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I want to see what a $400 piece of DW looks like...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's multiple pieces not just one, I'm not completely insane lol.

2 of them are very large manzanita stumps with roots to act as cover for the apistos.

Can't wait to see it...

Are you ordering online or is it local...I can never find stumps

It's local, I've seen stumps a few times before, but pieces like that sell quick.

So a couple things are changing with the stock, the apistogramma bitaeniata is being replaced with allpahuayo and I may leave out the Rineloricaria filamentosa as they are looking to be tough to source.

Oh and if anyone comes a cross a nice underwater pic of a SA blackwater river that doesn’t have any visible fish in it, I'd be grateful, I'm looking to have a background for this tank made.

Oh man the ideas just keep flowing. I think I'm going to save some money on driftwood by going with the 2 stumps and look around for nice straight pieces of small hardwoods to make the tank look like a flooded forest.

As interesting as they are the large odd looking cichlids are Freak's department lol

This made me chuckle, following along!

It's about time you showed up...

So I've noticed that is kind of tough to find a flooded rainforest pic without some critter in it. I've been looking at other options in case I cant find the one I want.

Here's one of the options http://rs719.pbsrc.com/albums/ww194/gillie_photos/river-grass-underwater.jpg~320x480

I usually only hang out in cichlids but since that's been dead or annoying, I've branches out

Check out my 120 thread, pics of the uaru!

I usually only hang out in cichlids but since that's been dead or annoying, I've branches out

Lol I know what you mean by annoying

Lol I know what you mean by annoying

Yea no kidding... I had to start a planted tank so I could hang somewhere else for a while.

I'm looking at people's stocklists online and I'm not seeing much for my chosen stock, it looks like I may have to pull a permit and import my own, which may not be a bad idea because I could put the nearly 100 tanks I have stored to work again.

Get your own imports??? Sweet...I'll take some! ?

Side note...I'm getting some orange lasers this weekend! ?

This Is what I think when all the cichlid guys like freak, gillie, mike, Andrew and garfie {from what I've seen he was an old rockstar on here lol} react when they go in the cichlid forum...

But no joke (keep in mind I have a cichlid iq of like 12) that place has gone down hill.

But to get back on the rails nice build gillie! I really wanna see what you dish out with this tank, this is gonna be such a cool tank.

This Is what I think when all the cichlid guys like freak, gillie, mike, Andrew and garfie {from what I've seen he was an old rockstar on here lol} react when they go in the cichlid forum...

But no joke (keep in mind I have a cichlid iq of like 12) that place has gone down hill.

But to get back on the rails nice build gillie! I really wanna see what you dish out with this tank, this is gonna be such a cool tank.

Wow you really hit the nail on the head with that one lol

As for my build it is a scourge on my ocd, it may drive me completely insane, but at least I'll be crazy and have a bada** tank.

Great!!!! This should be a sticky! Love it.

Back
Top Bottom