125g Clown Triggerfish solo tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccantlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
My buddy at a local store has a 125g for sale and I was able to find a decent sized clown trigger for an amazing price. My question is would it be alright in a 125 gallon tank for a little while? I ultimately would like to have a yellow belly dog faced puffer and a zebra moray with the clown. Is this a feasible dream? Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Unlikely. These triggers get big and depending on how big it currently is, could very easily get aggressive towards other inhabitants and murder them off because of the lack of space.
Solo if it is small could work for awhile, but will ultimately need double the space.

I agree with Hank on the clown.
I personally feel the need to add in on the moray!
If the zebra can see better then my snowflake then you could possibly disregard this but my snowflake moray just finished killing the second of two large lion fish in my 120 fowlr(48x24)!
They have/had been together since the beginning of this tank just over 2 years ago I think?
My point is eels if you can keep them alive are BITE FIRST AND ASK QUESTION LATER FISH!
I watched both lions go !
It took over a month ,like 6 weeks.
Now way to convince the lion to try to eat if the eel wanted to eat.
No way!
Eel bites lion during feeding(or any other slow enough fish) and eventually they hide at feeding time!
If it was anything besides two lions that have no place in this world today I may have offered some "resolution",but I offered nothing for the lions and IMO the eel killed them!
The miniautus grouper is scared but fast and hungry!
He still gets first couple cocktail shrimp(large) and runs from eel!
I feed the eel with a tong type stick to make sure he easily gets food.
He makes the grouper look like the host of a waist watchers meeting!
we will see who is the survivor!

Back
Top Bottom