125l/33US gallon tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jy_1028

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Recently I bought a used 125l tank which I have cleaned up and is ready to scape. I have also been thinking of stocking options and I was considering getting 1 angelfish, 6 rummy-nose tetras, 5 coridoras and a pair of honey gouramis. Is this too overstocked? AqAdviser said it was 105% overstocked for a 28 gallon (although I'm not sure if this was UK or US gallon it stopped working before I checked) but AqAdviser is known to be on the conservative side so would it be ok?

Recently I bought a used 125l tank which I have cleaned up and is ready to scape. I have also been thinking of stocking options and I was considering getting 1 angelfish, 6 rummy-nose tetras, 5 coridoras and a pair of honey gouramis. Is this too overstocked? AqAdviser said it was 105% overstocked for a 28 gallon (although I'm not sure if this was UK or US gallon it stopped working before I checked) but AqAdviser is known to be on the conservative side so would it be ok?

To be on the safe side I would put your anglefish in first then maybe a week later your Cory's and then space out your next fish just to see how you like it, see if everyone is getting along and not have to much of a nitrite spike, personally I always add my corydoras in first they seem to be the picky ones on how they like the tanks

I would skip the angelfish. Not only do they get big and sometimes a bit aggressive, but angelfish are much happier in groups. You can put a pair in a 33 gallon, but that's a bit small. I would just up the numbers of other fish rather than putting in one lonely angelfish.

Back
Top Bottom