15 gallon live rock cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is my tank cycling too fast?

Ammonia 0.25ppm
Nitrite >5ppm
Nitrate >160ppm

I don't think it is. Mine cycled in a week or 2 and I've had no problems so far. When you use live rock the tank will cycle faster because it already has some of the beneficial bacteria living on it.

Will it help I I bought more live rock?

I just want to hurry and get stuff inside XP

Yes more live rock would help... Mine cycled in a week but I've seen some 1 with the same tank and done it the same way have problems you wouldn't believe...

It won't hurt. If you order online there will be die off. If you go to you LFS and make sure they fill the bag with water there will be less die off. Either way, you'll have to watch for a small ammonia spike. How much live rock have you got already? I'd probably just buy base rock and then let the tank finish cycling. It won't be much longer.

I wasn't sure how much to get so I have 2 small rocks that were 4 and a half Kilos
Readings are
Ammonia 0.25ppm
Nitrite >5ppm
Nitrate >160ppm

Readings today!

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite >5ppm
Nitrate >160ppm

Readings are the same today :/

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite >5ppm
Nitrate >160ppm

Can I do a water change so I can see if the nitrites are changing?

Readings are the same today :/

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite >5ppm
Nitrate >160ppm

Can I do a water change so I can see if the nitrites are changing?

A 50% water change would help... But I would use premixed sw from your lfs... Also I used some stuff call stability... It's in a white bottle with a blue label and writing... And get the clear fx to go in your filter. It should help clear it out in 3-7 days...

Haha I won't be able to get any of that till next week cause I have no money -.-' but ill go and buy that stuff and when I do I'll do a water change

Haha I won't be able to get any of that till next week cause I have no money -.-' but ill go and buy that stuff and when I do I'll do a water change

If you use both you won't need a water change... But it took my 56 gal a week to clear up... I tested it for 3 days in a row and everything except ammonia was high... Then on the 7th day everything was at 0... With your tank being way smaller it should cycle quicker... And with the stability... Follow the directions... Although I added a little extra...

Just found this stuff growing on my heater (currently turned off) what is it? Is it bad for my cycle?

Attachments

• image-3126996404.jpg
    image-3126996404.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 78
I managed to get water on it the plug and I almost electrocuted myself :S going to buy a new, good quality one on wednesday or Thursday probobly

Took me a while at 3 o clock to figure out what was making the sizzling noise haha

This morning

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite >5ppm
Nitrate 40-80ppm

Is it normal for nitrates to come down?

This is very strange :/

Ammonia 0.25ppm
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5ppm

Haven't done anything to the tank...?

Back
Top Bottom