15 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tjd4003

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 15 gallon tank. It has nine healthy cardinal tetras and 3 healthy male guppies. I've tried other guppies but I've had like 6 die. I'm curious what else I could put in the tank, with respect to what's already in the tank?

I'm running two filters on the tank, a penguin 100b, and a slim s20. Water parameters are 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrates, less then 10ppm nitrates. Testing with an API master test kit.

I'm more interest in larger fish, and not sure if there's room in the tank for another small school of fish, but I'm open to any and all ideas.

Thanks alot!

You could do.a small school of Pygmy cory since you have no bottom dwellers. Or a dwarf gourami, male betta or female betta.

A Dwarf/Honey Gourami perhaps? Or a Betta Splendens? Both relatively large but small enough to get along with the other fish in your tank? You may have to watch the Betta with the Fancy Guppies though, because of their tails. :)

:fish2:

Gouramis are a good idea. I already have a betta in his own 10 gallon tank. He was with the tetras, but I didn't think having him with the guppies was a good idea, so he moved into his own tank before I guppy fiasco. (which sucks I'd love a tankful of male guppies but I've had so many die after only a few days)

If you're interested in Gouramis check out Dwarf, Honey, Pearl and Sparkling. I believe they would all do good in your tank. Not all of course, I meant just one species :D

Would a pair of dwarf gouramis be too much for a 15 gallon with my current fish?

And can a pair of dwarf gouramis get along?

You should really only get one because there could be a bit of aggression between the two - and from them to the other fish - especially when they're breeding. Also your tank is too small to have two. I would just get one male. :)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I'd been leaning towards a gourami and found a nice red fire dwarf on a crazy sale today and picked him up. So far so good but it's only been a few hours.

I'll post a pic in the photography section once I get a decent pic.

Back
Top Bottom