15 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chippycabra

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a couple of mollies for my 15 gallon tank, I also have a couple glass shrimp, I'm hoping to get another species of fish, preferably kuhli loach, and maybe a corydora, would this be over populating my tank though? I am doing about 1.5 gallon water changes every day (I'm using a drip line method for most of the water changing) and I am doing water testing for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates (which are so far so good) if I can make sure to keep these levels where they should be would i be ok with getting a couple kuhlis? or should I wait until my mollies are gone?

I honestly wouldn't put mollies in less then a 20. They make a huge mess and breed like there's no tomorrow.

Are cories ok in fine, rounded gravel or is sand better would you know?

Sand is preferred..their barbels wear down easily on even round gravel. The dig their heads in the sand slightly and sift the sand and look for food. It isn't a need..but I personally would almost consider it one.

Sand is preferred..their barbels wear down easily on even round gravel. The dig their heads in the sand slightly and sift the sand and look for food. It isn't a need..but I personally would almost consider it one.

Thanks for the information.

Back
Top Bottom