150 gal set up help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glenn9812

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I haven't done a aquarium in about 15 years now. So i'm like a newbie again. Buying a 150gal tank with berlin system sump for a 240 gal tank. Now I've never had a tank this big but it fits my living room perfectly. What do I need as far as heaters, filters. Heaters thing 2 400watt heaters. Need advice on filters. Anything else I need? Plan on doing a fishless cycle once I get everything.

Also as for a sump for freshwater how does that work? Last tank I had was a 33gal so curious to see how this tank comes out!

anybody? looking to purchase everything. Buying a used 150gal tank, stand, canopy and sumo for$800. Seems descent for what I see on craigslist.

Sorry you aren't getting any responses. I don't know anyone who uses a sump in a freshwater tank. Was this setup used for saltwater Before? Good luck.

yeah it was a saltwater tank b before. I've been reading online about freshwater sumps and i see people use them Just not quit sure how exactly to set it up. Curious if you can put the filters in there and keep it out of the tank maybe? May just go to a local shop and see if they can further knowledge me on this.

My understanding is that you can put all your heaters and filters in there and avoid a bunch of visible eqiptment. Tell us how it works out.

Back
Top Bottom