150 gallon tall tank stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostInFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
60L 30T 18W 150 gallon has enough filtration to filter 6xper hour. I have 9 Pleco's in there and 4 calvus black congo's 5 synodontis Petricola's and that's it they are all on the smaller side still as there mostly juvies. I'm wondering what fish could go with these fish that will stay on the top portion of the tank . And look as cool as the calvus! The 9 Pleco's are 3 queen arabesque,3 gold nugget 2 blue panaque, 1 Galaxy pleco.

and a pic of 1 of my Calvus cichlid he looks even better when he opens his fins but very shy to the camera lol

Yes 150 gallon it's a tall tank. And as far as Pleco's go I just like theses kind...lol

Holy crap I've never seen one for 50. Was this at your lfs or online?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok... They are cool little guys my bigger one has like a gold sheen even though it's all blue it's almost like little hairs of gold lol. I am trying to sell a few plecos but nobody's buying I thought that they would sell faster. But oh well I guess I'll just keep an try to breed them

Hey I'm about to get my hands on a 155 bow I was gonna transfer my 55 tall stock to the new tank when I finally get it I have:

1- black ghost knife
1- marble angle
2- tricolor sharks
1- red fin shark
2- penguins(the other 2 died)
1- zebra danio (the other 3 died)
2- painted tetras
1 - boesemans rainbow
2- kuhli loaches

The 155 is coming with
1- platinum koi
1- gold fish
2- sucker catfish I forgot what he actually called them..

I was wondering if there's any room for anything else to put in it and if so what do you recommend..
Also another question would be sand or gravel I never used sand before I've seen people post the same questions I had about it so I'll have to research more into it
I do have live plants but I'd like to get more plants but it's hard to grow some of them in gravel ..any advice would be appreciated .. Oh and any links on diy bow stands for something that big would be cool.. I found a few diy that would help me as a guide... Anyway thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey I'm about to get my hands on a 155 bow I was gonna transfer my 55 tall stock to the new tank when I finally get it I have:

1- black ghost knife
1- marble angle
2- tricolor sharks
1- red fin shark
2- penguins(the other 2 died)
1- zebra danio (the other 3 died)
2- painted tetras
1 - boesemans rainbow
2- kuhli loaches

The 155 is coming with
1- platinum koi
1- gold fish
2- sucker catfish I forgot what he actually called them..

I was wondering if there's any room for anything else to put in it and if so what do you recommend..
Also another question would be sand or gravel I never used sand before I've seen people post the same questions I had about it so I'll have to research more into it
I do have live plants but I'd like to get more plants but it's hard to grow some of them in gravel ..any advice would be appreciated .. Oh and any links on diy bow stands for something that big would be cool.. I found a few diy that would help me as a guide... Anyway thanks again

The goldfish are gonna have to go if you want you other stock. I would assume the sucker catfish are plecos?

The goldfish are gonna have to go if you want you other stock. I would assume the sucker catfish are plecos?

Yeah I believe they r plecos just not sure what kind... Yeah I figured the gold fish wouldn't be able to stay... Why's that though? Is it cause their fins will be nipped?

So if I give away the gold fish what would be cool to place in the tank I have a few small fish that I don't want eaten up by anything huge.. Arowana would be cool but they will eat everything, man I saw a video of one eating a rabbit lol but other then that I'd like to put a big fish in it but I know they would eat the smaller guys.. Those motta Rays would they eat my kuhli loaches or are they aggressive to other fish they would be cool too

Yeah I believe they r plecos just not sure what kind... Yeah I figured the gold fish wouldn't be able to stay... Why's that though? Is it cause their fins will be nipped?

Gold fish are cold water. Not tropical

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So any good stocking ideas? I was hoping something big but friendly like Severums

Hey I'm looking into 2 different types of t5 lighting LEDs and I guess regular t5 bulbs which one u think is good for a low tech tank but I wanna put a lot more plants then what I have already (I don't have much plants now)

This is the tank it's still empty and I have to clean it
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416848193.356097.jpg

Option 1- http://m.ebay.com/itm/221193454165?_mwBanner=

Option 2- New Dimmable 165W LED for 48",49",54",56",72" inch Aquarium Coral Reef Fish Tank https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NN0PG2G/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Yg2Cub0N8TJSN

Ps I know it says coral but I wasn't sure if that would be a big difference .. I know 2 is extremely bright j watched a video but I was hoping not to spend a lot n still get something great

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417986829.249188.jpg

Just gotta stain it and it's done :)

Back
Top Bottom