150gal tankmate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bad Jeff

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry to bother everyone with my Snakehead questions but.... I have a 150gal that I keep a 10inch Red Snakehead in and I really want to add a tankmate. Would it be possible to put my Arrowhead puffer in with him?? He's about 3 inches now. I know that the puffer is super aggressive and generally should be kept alone, but in a tank that size do you think I should be concerned for the Snakehead. I worry that the puffer would get him while he sleeps.
If the puffer is a no-no, any suggestions on a unique fish that would be too big for a Snakehead to swallow?? Thanks again
jt

I think wolf fish would be too aggressive and might eat the snakehead.

Wolf fish does look like a super cool fishy... but I don't think the two would get along well. I am however considering putting my 4 adult Sydontis Eupterus in. With their tall dorsal fin I don't think my snakehead would even look at them. My snakehead seems to love small feeders (rosy reds) in large numbers but doesn't seem interested at all in goldfish sized feeders, eventhough he has no problem getting one down the hatch. For this reason I think the Sydontis would do fine but more homework is needed as a lot of love has gone into these guys and I'd hate to have an incident.

Back
Top Bottom