155 gallon stocking help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brennan32

Aquarium Advice Activist
Recently i acquired a 155 gallon tank and i want to set up a reef tank. So i need stocking ideas as to what to put in it for both corals and fish. It has great lighting 200 pounds of live rock and a 30 gallon sump. Any help is much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What are you really looking for? I know I'd get a tang or two in there...but my personal feelings on which tangs might not fit what you want to look at everyday.

What are you really looking for? I know I'd get a tang or two in there...but my personal feelings on which tangs might not fit what you want to look at everyday.

Ok i like the yellow tangs and the powder blue tangs i believe i also like the hippo tang. So if we could build around the yellow tang and hippo tang that works for me because i have no idea what to get. Also i really like soft corals i like the way they move in the current

I would get some anthias and afew engineer gobies. I had a long nose hawk fish that was pretty cool maybe check them out

And I would upgrade to something bigger than 30 gallon sump. If you like movements Duncans are fast grower, hammers, frog spawn, and torches also supply good movement.
The 4 I listed are also easy to care for, fast-growing and easy to frag and none require very intense lighting.

Back
Top Bottom