16 gallon planted aquarium need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetrueblueram

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I've got a 16 gallon planted aquarium, I'm considering getting a male and female german blue ram but I've never kept them before.

The tank currently has the following:

9 rummynose tetras
4 male guppies
+- 20 cherry shrimp
2 CBS

If you guys don't think I should get the rams, because I know that they're really sensitive, what other fish do you think would be good in their place?

Attachments

• 1402937407064.jpg
    1402937407064.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 63
I dose flourish excel and diy co2 so as to prevent the co2 fluctuations, I also run an airstone when the lights are off.

How long had it been running? honestly if you've kept rns successfully for over 5 months than.id say go for rams.. stock choice is key with gbrs though..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The tank has been running for easily over a year, I haven't had any sickness or disease in this tank what so ever. I think I got the rummynose tetras about 2 months ago and they are doing great, they've got brilliant colouring

Go for it! I have wc rams but I've heard yunite is the guy for gbrs.. on ebay I believe.

Nope, not even a little bit.. just keep up in weekly wc's.. i wouldn't add more than a pair though.

Yeah no sure:) routine is key. The rams will be the last ones I'll get and then no more fish for this tank :D

Back
Top Bottom