16 gallon tall hexagonal tank stocking options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TrevLee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I'm looking for suggestions on stocking the above tank. It's my mothers tank and no matter what she puts in it doesn't survive.
The water parameters stay normal but eventually the fish start circling round and around before going belly up
Has anyone used one of these tanks?
Any stocking ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I can't really pin point the reason as to why they are dying. Possible reasons are: Not doing weekly water changes (at least 15-20% per week), underfeeding, overfeeding, lack of oxygen, too much stress on the fish, improper use of certain chemicals, etc. There is something going on here and I would do some research on it if I were you because there should be no reason that you can't maintain healthy fish in your tank. It may even be how the fish are treated before they enter your tank (like at your LFS. they might not be taking care of them properly). As far as stocking goes I would do research on hardy fish (bettas, IMO are very hardy and recognize their owners and are very beautiful!:D) just so that you can learn to maintain them before deciding to go with more picky less hardy fish. Here is an awesome article that may help you out so please, take a look:Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice I hoped this helps and I wish you the best of luck! :D

Back
Top Bottom