180 gallon CA/SA stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
slayer72 said:
I've been doing some research. Rivulatus is a gold saum according to what I've read. Stalsbergi is the" true" Green Terror. Either way both are beautiful fish.

I understand the green terror a little differently. Here is my take.

The true green terror is the Andinoacara stalsbergi. These guys are pretty rare and most are WC or F1's available from premium fish sources. This has been referred to as the "white Saum". I have 6 of them at the moment and previously had a nice size female.

image-882543969.jpg

The sp "gold Saum" is the most common version of a green terror and has the traditional gold outline on the dorsal and caudal. There is also a silver lining version called the silver Saum, but it's thought to be a color morph only of this species.

image-3176630579.jpg

The rivulatus is the third green terror species and I've never seen one in person (only in books). I believe many of the fish in stores are mislabeled as this species, when they are in fact gold saums. The rivulatus has a more uniform green color and has silver linings, not gold.

I understand the green terror a little differently. Here is my take.

The true green terror is the Andinoacara stalsbergi. These guys are pretty rare and most are WC or F1's available from premium fish sources. This has been referred to as the "white Saum". I have 6 of them at the moment and previously had a nice size female.

The sp "gold Saum" is the most common version of a green terror and has the traditional gold outline on the dorsal and caudal. There is also a silver lining version called the silver Saum, but it's thought to be a color morph only of this species.

The rivulatus is the third green terror species and I've never seen one in person (only in books). I believe many of the fish in stores are mislabeled as this species, when they are in fact gold saums. The rivulatus has a more uniform green color and has silver linings, not gold.

Now I'm really confused. Hahaha! Your Stalsbergi is stunning BTW.

I would look into something not only stunning but unique and somewhat uncommon, why settle and waste a large tank for fish that can be purchased at Petsmart.

I would look into Paraneetroplus gibbiceps(one of my favorites).
http://cdn.aquariumadvice.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94203&d=1336771066

Parachromis 'Red Tiger' Motaguense.

Parachromis loisellei.

Astatheros robertsoni.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...dvZCTdvakccjFHGg106j6QGQ&ust=1376073625985561

Have you ever ordered from Jeff Rapps?

Back
Top Bottom