180 gallon lighting help..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catfish Lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking to have a low light/low tech planted tank. What would be a good amount of light/fixture for this tank without having to mess with co2? Tank is 72 x18x24

Could probably go with 1 or 2 of these spaced 8" or so apart for more even coverage.

Although you may want to check the Lighting an Aquarium With PAR thread to make a more informed decision - it's been a while since I've purchased lighting but when I did my 60x18x21 tank I used a single 80w and was able to grow healthy crypts, moss, swords and vals from front to back of the tank without much fuss. I had a few more demanding plants in there and they needed to be directly under it since the light was weaker in the front and back.

Could probably go with 1 or 2 of these spaced 8" or so apart for more even coverage.

Although you may want to check the Lighting an Aquarium With PAR thread to make a more informed decision - it's been a while since I've purchased lighting but when I did my 60x18x21 tank I used a single 80w and was able to grow healthy crypts, moss, swords and vals from front to back of the tank without much fuss. I had a few more demanding plants in there and they needed to be directly under it since the light was weaker in the front and back.
Thanks a lot! I that looks like something I was hoping for, just didn't think the made them.

Back
Top Bottom