180g acrylic with stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no idea how you people "easily scratch" your acrylic tanks. ALL of my tanks are acrylic and look the same as they did when I bought them MANY years ago. My first tank ever is a 36gal acrylic tank that I bought 9 years ago. I bought it used and it has a few minor hairline scratches. When filled with water you can't see any of these scratches. It looks the same as it did 9 years ago. It's not that easy to scratch acrylic do to it's smooth slick surface. You would have to rub against it with your zipper or something to actually scratch it. Plus, acrylic is much stronger than glass. No seals to worry about, won't blow up/crack on you.

i3k said:
I have no idea how you people "easily scratch" your acrylic tanks. ALL of my tanks are acrylic and look the same as they did when I bought them MANY years ago. My first tank ever is a 36gal acrylic tank that I bought 9 years ago. I bought it used and it has a few minor hairline scratches. When filled with water you can't see any of these scratches. It looks the same as it did 9 years ago. It's not that easy to scratch acrylic do to it's smooth slick surface. You would have to rub against it with your zipper or something to actually scratch it. Plus, acrylic is much stronger than glass. No seals to worry about, won't blow up/crack on you.

I agree.. I prefer acrylic to glass any day of the week.. Try shattering a 180 gal tank and see how much damage it does to your floors and drywall.. I've had my 150 gal acrylic for about 5 yrs and I bought it used an it still looks like it did the day I bought it

Back
Top Bottom