1st annual Aquarium Advice Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might try to make it. It's 150 mile drive and 3 hours for me. And I think I have a family reunion to go to that day. But, put me on the "possible" list :)

Devilishturtles, its not that bad. More like 2 1/2 hours or 2 3/4th hours. I make that drive every time we visit my parents up in Mt. Airy. If your free I look forward to seeeing you.

Devilishturtles, its not that bad. More like 2 1/2 hours or 2 3/4th hours. I make that drive every time we visit my parents up in Mt. Airy. If your free I look forward to seeeing you.

LOL, I was thinking about PMing you and asking you fishfreek. That is what MapQuest says, but they are usually wrong half the time anyways. I will definitley try and make it, reunion is the week after that, I checked. But, I'll just be bringing me, myself, and I. 8)

I hope you all don't go deaf while in the car

What did you say? LOL

Nah, they wont go deaf. I might! LOL :twisted: Heck, two and a half hours of driving, I've gotta blast the music, are you kidding me?!
But, my deafening ears are used to it by now.

Just so I can get a good count of everyone if your gonna be able to make it can you PM me with the number of persons comming. Im still debating on if it might be better to have it at a local park where we can have a pavilion, playground, etc. I can have it at the house but if its bad weather well depending on the numbers it might get a little tight inside. Plus I dont have that great of parking so we would have you park down the street a bit.

Would it be just the long-time members? I know I haven't been a member long and you probably see " kenor33" and think ummm who :lol: but have been a AA scanner 8) for a while and think all you guys rock. would be pretty neat to meet alot of you specially Tankgirl,Revhtree,Atari, Reefrunner69, Scuba Steve, Steve S etc. damn no way to remember so many peoples names. BTW Reefrunner, FLorida would rock even more. alot closer then Virginia but I was willing to break the news to the wife about the long journey she was volunteering for :D .................Mike

kenor33 said:
Would it be just the long-time members? I know I haven't been a member long and you probably see " kenor33" and think ummm who :lol: but have been a AA scanner 8) for a while and think all you guys rock. would be pretty neat to meet alot of you specially Tankgirl,Revhtree,Atari, Reefrunner69, Scuba Steve, Steve S etc. darn no way to remember so many peoples names. BTW Reefrunner, FLorida would rock even more. alot closer then Virginia but I was willing to break the news to the wife about the long journey she was volunteering for :D .................Mike

If you joined a year ago or a day ago any member is welcome.

Ok maybe, I'll talk to the wife. How far from DC are you? Near Va beach? Richmond?
Revtree, If I go, you have to.

If I go somebody has got to bring me some of that dang SAND! 8O

I will def. try to work it out, especially if you get to go Qshark!! :wink:
Got to meet my future diving buddy.

I am seriously considering coming down on fri night. I really want to meet you guys. Are there any good hotels close by? :wink:

Come on down Rehv...and while I'm thinking about it. You guys gotta help me think up a cover story for my Mom and Dad. They won't handle the "I'm going to meet a bunch of people that I met online" type of thing, as they are totally and religiously against that....

I'm honestly..at quite a loss at what to tell them...any ideas??

Whatever you do don't lie to them... it might be worth sitting them down infront of the computer and showing them around the forum. Maybe even some of the pics of the members etc.. it won't take long for them to realise we're not some kind of crazy cult :lol:

I'm honestly..at quite a loss at what to tell them...any ideas??

Whatever you do don't lie to them..

I couldn't agree more. It is much better that you ask them, as Atari suggested, show them around the forum...invite them into chat (but give are chatters a heads up so they will be on their best behavior) and possibly be turned down than to lie to them. Heck, invite them to come too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom